Travel tips will help you maximize your time and money in Europe and beyond. Travel tip topics include packing, planning, security, tourist fraud, transportation, money, sleeping, and more.
· Tourists should carry their ID and passport with them at all times for their own safety.
· Even if you are limited in cash, it is advisable to have a Turkish Lira with you.
· Printed or digital travel guides and maps informing about the place you are visiting will help you get around and save valuable time so you can focus on things to see and do.
· Visitors who want to take part in the cultural tours in Istanbul or in Turkey in general will get faster and cheaper entry to museums if they get a museum pass.
· Travelers anticipating potential traffic jams can use the online check-in system before arriving at the airport and run the risk of missing their flight.
· Tourists can benefit from tax-free shopping in Turkey by applying for their proof of purchase at the airport tax refund offices.
· Tourists in Turkey may prefer to buy prepaid SIM cards from local GSM operator stores to make cheap local and international calls and avoid connection problems.
· Wearing comfortable clothes and athletic shoes will make you feel more comfortable taking part in cultural tours during your stay in Turkey.
Obtaining a public transport card and using public transport is more practical and cheaper if you want to spend your vacation in one of the Turkish metropolises.
· It is advisable to always have a Turkish dictionary with you. It may not always be possible to find people who speak foreign languages.
· The Turks are known for their hospitality and friendliness. If you need help, you can ask the people around you, they won’t turn you down.